Developer Tool Ranking - What Developers Use Most
(Last Update) 9th of December 2016
“The Best” Developer Tools, Software, and Frameworks change constantly, making it extremely difficult to judge just what you should use to make your next app or game. Here we share some of the data we gather as reviewers, to help you decide just what tools you should use when making your next app.
Developer Tool Ranking - Log
- 12 July 2016 – A massive movement in the Cocos2D and 2D-x family! Corona Labs now equal 5th with Cocos2D! Unity and Xcode as usual expanding their territory…
- 7 June 2016 – Unity 3D finally passes the 40% mark… Insane😓
- 17 May 2016 – A small jump… sorry guys! Unity up by 1.3%.
- 25 April 2016 – Corona Labs makes a massive comeback, snatching 4.4% of the developer market!
- 18 April 2016 – Once Again, No real change (Things are getting boring around here… Any Awesome new Frameworks?)
- 11 April 2016 – A small increase in percentages for all majorly used developer tools. (Especially Cocos 2D and 2D-X)
- 4 April 2016 – Not updated due to maintenance issues.
- 28 March 2016 – Though still under the 4% line Corana SDK up by 1%!
- 22 Mar 2016 – Once again No big Changes… [“As a note to others” Cocos 2D and Cocos2D-X are split due to the differences in languages they are based in, Cocos 2D is Objective C whereas Cocos 2D-X is C++]
- 14 Mar 2016 – No big changes…
- 7 Mar 2016 – Cocos 2D-X Makes it into 5th rank.
- 21 Feb 2016 – Merged Xcode and Swift.